The Ultimate List of Earthy Boy Names You’ll Obsess Over!
Looking for some cool, earthy boy names to give your baby’s name some edge? If so, then this is the list for you!
Giving your baby an earthy boy name is a really unique way to incorporate a rustic and cool vibe.
Here you’ll find LOTS of name options that are inspired by nature’s beauty such as trees, flowers, plants, animals, water and land features, weather and seasons, stones and gems, and more!
So without further ado, let’s get into the list!
This post is all about the best earthy boy names inspired by all things nature.
Tree inspired earthy boy names
Let’s start our list with earthy boy names that are inspired by gorgeous trees.
Here you’ll find some awesome name ideas and what the trees symbolize to give you more insight and background for the baby name.
- Alder ~an alder tree symbolizes strength or protection
- Alon ~meaning “oak tree”
- Arlo ~meaning “barberry tree” or “fortified hill”
- Ash ~an ash tree symbolizes connections and creativity
- Aspen ~an aspen tree symbolizes “purity”, “focus” or “vision”
- Birch ~a birch tree symbolizes rebirth or new beginnings
- Cedar ~a cedar tree symbolizes immortality or eternal life
- Coulter ~as in a coulter pine
- Cypress ~a cypress tree is a symbol for everlasting life
- Elm ~according to Celtic mythology, elm trees are associated with the Underworld
- Ewan ~meaning “born of the yew tree”
- Forrest ~a forest abundant of trees
- Grove ~meaning “a grove of trees”
- Hollis ~referring to a holly tree
- Kiefer ~German for a pine tree
- Koa ~the Hawaiian Koa Tree is depicted to be the tree of life; koa wood is a symbol of strength
- Lennox ~meaning “”with many elm trees”
- Linden ~linden trees often symbolize marital love and fidelity
- Marlow ~meaning “driftwood”
- Nash ~meaning “by the ash tree”
- Oak ~oak trees are a symbol of wisdom and strength
- Oliver ~olive trees depict peace and friendship
- Oren ~Hebrew for “pine”
- Rowan ~according to Celtic mythology, the rowan is known as the Tree of Life and symbolizes courage, wisdom and protection
- Spruce ~spruce trees are associated with peace and protection
⭐ Looking for a totally rare boy name? Check out these cool unique boy names that no one knows about!
Flower and plant inspired baby boy names
If you’re more inspired by flowers and other plants for your baby’s name, here are some great name ideas that also include what the flowers and plants may represent.
- Adonis ~these red anemones are beautiful and are often associated with the death of Adonis, a hunter who was loved by Persephone
- Aloe ~the flower is a symbol of beauty, fortune, and good health
- Aster ~also meaning “star”; these flowers represent love, wisdom, faith, and color
- Bud ~referring to small buds that can lead to a flower
- Clem ~short for clematis flowers, which symbolize the beauty of ingenuity
- Corey ~short for coreopsis flowers
- Cosmo ~cosmo flowers symbolize order and harmony
- Fiore ~Italian for “flower”
- Huck ~referring to huckleberry
- Hyacinth ~symbol for peace, commitment and beauty, but also of power and pride.
- Jared ~Hebrew for “rose”
- Kamal ~Arabic for “lotus flower”
- Leymus ~tall tufted perennial grasses
- Lotem ~meaning “bush of golden flowers”
- Moss ~represents beauty, simplicity, humility and refinement
- Quincy ~meaning “from the orchard of the quince trees”
- Red ~can refer to “reed” or the color of bright red flowers
- Rhodes ~meaning “where roses grow”
- Rodger ~referring to rodgers flower
- Rosen ~meaning “rose”
- Zephyr ~short for zephyranthes, which symbolize rebirth
Animal inspired boy names
A really cute idea is picking a name that is animal-inspired. Here are my top picks!
- Altair ~Arabic meaning “falcon”
- Ari ~Old Norse for “eagle”
- Arthur ~meaning “bear”
- Bear ~bears symbolize strength, family, and courage
- Bjorn ~Scandinavian for “bear”
- Callum ~Scottish for “dove”
- Colin ~meaning “cub”
- Colt ~meaning “young male horse”
- Crow ~crows represent transformation and change
- Everette ~meaning “strong boar”
- Gavin ~meaning “white hawk”
- Hawk ~hawks represent intelligence and independence
- Jay ~jays represent resilience, adaptability, and great adventure
- Jonah ~Hebrew for “dove”
- Leo ~Latin for “lion”
- Lynx ~the frisky and mischievous animal is a symbol for one’s inner child
- Madden ~meaning “little dog”
- Phoenix ~the beautiful bird represents resurrection
- Robin ~robins are a symbol for hope and renewal
- Ronan ~meaning “little seal”
- Roscoe ~meaning “from the deer forest”
- Todd ~meaning “fox”
- Wolf ~wolves are a symbol of loyalty and strong family ties
Land and water earthy names
These next name ideas are inspired by land features and bodies of water. They’re perfect options for a truly earthy boy name.
- Barrow ~topographical name for someone who lived by a hill or burial mound
- Bryn ~meaning “hill”
- Canyon ~word name for a canyon
- Cliff ~word name for a cliff
- Cove ~meaning “small bay”
- Erie ~inspired by Lake Erie
- Everest ~inspired by Mount Everest
- Irving ~meaning “green water” or “river”
- Knox ~meaning a round-topped hill
- Lake ~word name for a lake
- Marsh ~meaning “one who lives by the marshland” or “swamp”
- Nile ~inspired by the Nile River
- Ocean ~can also be spelled oceane
- Ridge ~super edgy name meaning “a continuous elevated mountain crest”
- River ~word name for a river
- Rocky ~word name for rocky
- Terran ~meaning “earth man”
Herbs and spices boy names
A unique take on an earthy boy name is choosing a name that is inspired by herbs and spices.
These names are pretty self-explanatory, so no need to go into the name’s background.
Stones and gems baby boy names
Want a name that in spired by earth’s stones and gems?
These are some great name ideas that are totally unique for an earthy name.
- Adi ~Hebrew name for “jewel”
- Amethyst ~February birthstone
- Axton ~this boy name means “swordsman’s stone“
- Bronze ~this coppery-brown metal would add some edginess to your baby’s name
- Copper ~copper symbolizes healing and magic
- Dustin ~meaning “Thor’s stone”
- Flint ~the flint stone is said to bring protection and safety
- Granite ~granite is associated with abundance and protection
- Jem ~alternative spelling for “gem”
- Kin ~Japanese for “gold”
- Malachite ~often referred to as the stone of transformation
- Quartz ~according to Japanese myths, quartz is said to come from white dragon breath, representing purification
- Rubin ~male alternative to ruby
- Silver ~silver represents wealth and success
- Sterling ~referring to sterling silver
- Stone ~a super cool edgy boy’s name
- Thurston ~Old Norse for “Thor’s stone”
- Topaz ~November birthstone
- Zircon ~December birthstone
Weather and seasons baby boy names
Here are my top picks for a boy name that is inspired by weather and seasons.
- Adad ~refers to the god of storm and flood
- August ~month of August
- Barak ~Hebrew for “lightning”
- Baran ~meaning “flood” or “rain”
- Blaze ~meaning “flame” or “fire”
- Blitz ~meaning “lightning”
- Bolt ~short for lightning bolt
- Donar ~meaning “God of Thunder”
- Gale ~Hebrew for “sea storm”
- Guntur ~means “thunder”
- Hanish ~means “one who forewarns storms”
- Raiden ~God of thunder and lightning
- Rain ~word name for rain
- Ramiel ~means “thunder of God”
- Sky ~can also be spelled Skye
- Snow ~word name for snow
- Sunny ~adorable name meaning sunshine
- Thor ~super strong name meaning “thunder”
- Winter ~cool word name for winter
- Zeus ~God of the sky and thunder
- Zryan ~Kurdish for storm
Other earthy boy names inspired by nature
And finally, here are some other name ideas for earthy boy names that I think you’ll love!
- Beaumont ~meaning beautiful hill or mountain
- Brent ~meaning steep hill or a high place
- Clay ~this is a super rich, earthy name inspired by clay material
- Cole ~means “charcoal”
- Craig ~means “rock” or “rocky”
- Dale ~meaning “valley”
- Geo ~geo means “related to earth”, what a perfect earthy name!
- Glen ~meaning “a narrow valley”
- Heath ~this name means “someone who lived at, on, or by, a moor or heath”
- Indigo ~an Indian blue die
- Leif ~alternative spelling for ‘leaf’
- North ~word name for north
- Pierce ~meaning “rock”
- Thorn ~word name for thorn
What are your favorite earthy boy names?? Share your favorites in the comments below!