Best Single Mom Quotes to Help Uplift You
Being a single mom is one of the hardest things anyone can face. Sometimes you feel so defeated and discouraged that sometimes some single mom quotes and words of encouragement can help uplift you.
I was raised by a single mom, and I can 100% say she is the strongest person I know.
I don’t know how she or other single moms do it, but I admire and respect you all for everything you do for your babies.
If you need a little pick me up from feeling so overwhelmed all the time, I have gathered some beautiful and encouraging single mom quotes that can help you get through the day.
Remember mama that you are strong and what you are doing for your babies is simply inspiring.
This post is all about the best single mom quotes to help lift your spirits.
Proud single mom quotes
- “I would say to any single parent currently feeling the weight of stereotype or stigmatization that I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life.” — J.K. Rowling
- “Don’t pity me because I’m a single mother. Respect me for having the courage to do it alone, the strength to never give up and the love to put my child’s needs before my own.”
- “Did you hear? Superheroes are real. They are called single moms.”
- “Being a single mom is tough, but in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.”
- “Single moms, you are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.” —Mandy Hale
- “I am proud of many things in life, but nothing beats raising my babies on my own.”
- “I have bad days. I make mistakes … It’s a lot for one person. But after six years of having my two nuggets, there’s not a day when I wish I hadn’t done this.” —Charlize Theron
- “I’m a single parent. What’s your superpower?”
- “I know it’s hard being a single mom but I’d rather do it by myself than with someone who doesn’t want to.”
- “I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother.” —Mary-Louise Parker
- “I was really young when I divorced his father, so I raised him trying to set the best example and give him the best that I could … When people compliment me on him, on how well mannered, how charming, funny, and well-behaved he is, it makes all the sacrifices worthwhile.” —Sofia Vergara
Powerful single mom quotes
- “Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” —Meg Lowrey
- “Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is still our kids. Any parent does whatever it takes for their kids and a single mother is no different.” —Paula Miranda
- “In the end, I am the only one who can give my children a happy mother who loves life.” —Jane Wolsey Baadsgaard
- “I didn’t set out to be a single parent. I set out to be the best parent I could be… And that hasn’t changed.”
- “It takes a tremendous amount of strength to be a single mother. To hold down the forte of a home, a life and your child’s entire happiness.” —Nikki Rowe
- “Don’t feel sorry for me. I’m not a single mother by chance. I’m a single mother by CHOICE.”
- “It takes a strong and fearless woman to be a single mother. To do it all on her own and work selflessly night and day all for her baby. That is what you call motherhood.”
- “You are doing what is best for you and your children. You can’t ever be faulted for that. Hand in there.” —Skoy Chicago
- “Mothers – especially single mothers – are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation’s children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families’ well-being.” —Evan Bayh
Inspirational quotes for single moms
- “Just because I am a single mother doesn’t mean I cannot be a success.” —Yvonne Kaloki
- “The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.” —C. JoyBell C.
- “Single mothers have as much to teach their children as married mothers and as much love to share – maybe more.” —Anne Cassidy
- “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things, a mother’s love is more than enough.” —Deniece Williams
- “I hope telling the story of how I went from being a single mom to serving in the Texas State Senate to running for governor will remind others that with the right leadership in government, where you start has nothing to do with how far you go.” —Wendy Davis
- “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love.” —Mildred B. Vermont
- “Being a single mum is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.”
- “I decided instead of being embarrassed of my failed marriage and ashamed of being a single mother, I was going to OWN it. Being the best mother you can be and giving your kids the BEST life possible has nothing to do with your relationship status and you don’t have to be happily married to have a ‘picture-perfect family.'” —Amanda Stanton
Single mom quotes to give you strength
- “As a single mum you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” —Emma-Louise Smith
- “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” —Tichina Arnold
- “I think moms, single or not, put a lot of pressure on ourselves trying to balance it all. It’s NEVER going to be perfectly balanced – the sooner you know this, the sooner you can relieve some of the pressure you put on yourself.” —Denise Richards
- “Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.” —Garrison Keillor
- “You are not failing as a mom. The expectations of moms are failing you.”
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” —Steve Maraboli
- “A single mother knows how to be strong, even when she feels weak. There are those days she feels like giving up, but won’t. She keeps going because the love for her kids burns strong.”
- “Whenever you feel discouraged, just remember, you are the center of the universe to the tiny humans you made from scratch. You’re kind of a big deal.”
- “I value so many people who have to work full time, definitely single mothers. Their work is the hardest work. I applaud it so much.” —Molly Sims
- “Single motherhood is an amazing thing; it’s a blessing.” —Kelly Cutrone
- “I do want to say there are so many women out there who are single moms, really not by choice, and doing it and making it work every day. I think it’s becoming much more a part of our culture and I hope that it will become more accepted and that those women are going to be more and more appreciated, respected and supported.” —Connie Britton
- “Being a single mother while trying to repair yourself mentally and emotionally is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do.”
- “I decided instead of being embarrassed of my failed marriage and ashamed of being a single mother, I was going to OWN it. Being the best mother you can be and giving your kids the BEST life possible has nothing to do with your relationship status and you don’t have to be happily married to have a ‘picture-perfect family.'” —Edie Falco
Funny single mom quotes
- “You make it work. You keep getting out of bed. Sometimes it’s just because you know there’s a cup of coffee downstairs.” —Michelle Williams
- “One thing I know for sure – this motherhood thing is not for sissies.” —Jennifer Nettles
- “Sometimes, all you can do is laugh.”
- “As long as your kids are fed, clothed, clean, happy and not the spawn of Satan most of the time… you’ve got to be doing something right. Don’t be so hard on yourself.”
- “Yes sometimes life as a single mother is a hot mess express, but you grow to love it.”
- “Any woman can be a mother, but it takes a badass mom to be a dad too.”
- “Yes, I’m a single mom by choice. I decided to raise a child, not marry one.”
Single mom captions for instagram
- “A single mother has a backbone made of steel and a heart full of gold.”
- “Motherhood is the ultimate call to sacrifice.” —Wangechi Mutu
- “Focus on what and who you love. Amplify that.”
- “Some days are tough. But they are still magical.”
- “Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day. It still gets done.”
- “Single is not broken. Single with kids is not broken. It’s not a problem to “fix.” Remember that.”
- “Don’t trip on what’s behind you.”
- “Breathe. This is just a chapter. It’s not your whole story.”
- “A mother’s love is the most unconditional and purest form of love.”
- “Nothing strengthens a woman more than having to rebuild her entire life from scratch after divorce.”
- “Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, toughen your heart, and nourish your soul.”
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “Strength comes from within, You are WORTHY!”
- “When you’re feeling lost and defeated, remember who you’re doing this for.”
- “There’s nothing more powerful than the love a single mother has for her kids.”
- “This is what strength looks like.”
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” —Robert Browning
Hang in there mama, you are doing an amazing strong, and don’t ever feel defeated.
Remember that your babies love you for all you do for them and see you as the greatest mama ever.
It’s still nice to learn about different tips for surviving as a single mother, and to read encouraging words like in today’s list above.
Whenever you are feeling discouraged, feel free to come back and gain some inspiration again from the quotes above.